JAI HO – RAHMAN



The very first thing I should and I would like to do is, “Saadar Charan Sparsh” to these two people whom I worship. Rahman – God of Music and Gulzar sahab – Magician of words. With 3 nominations of Rahman for oscar, I am feeling as if I myself have been nominated for the award. I am feeling short of words to praise this maestro and who am I to praise him…his name says everything. I remember my first encounter with A R Rahman. It was way back in 1993 I guess. It was evening time and I was taking my dinner when an audio cassatte, borrowed from a friend (Thanks to him), played a song “Hamma”. The song passed like a flash leaving something inside me. When I heard it first, I didn’t understand it and as soon as the song finished, I was not able to recall the tune but feeling an itch inside my heart to listen to it again. I finished my dinner and played it again and again and again…and rest is history. Since then I have heard this…not only this but all the songs of Bombay millions of times and still I am in love with those songs. This is the story of only 1 album by Rahman and it goes ahead with each new album. Then came “Humse hai Muqabla” and my God…I remember going to a music shop and listening to all the songs standing there. Since then I have bought each and every album of Rahman. I used to buy it as soon as it hit the market. It didn’t take too much time to become a “Bhakt” of him for me. Rahman has come a long way since then and me too following him…like hutch ;)… Bombay, Humse hai Muqabla, Sapney, Dil se, (and of course Roja ), Sathiya, Taal, Zubaida, Rangeela..etc..etc…the story of legacy is so long. Someone was complaining recently that Rahman is not composing like earlier now, like humse hai muqabla or Bombay… I don’t understand this. If he had composed the same type of music, then people would have said he is repeating (this happened in those days)…and if he creates different kind of music then they say he has lost his touch. This only shows the complaining nature of Man. Rahman is new with each new album and he touches new heights. He breaks the highs which he himself has created (Actually no one else can do that J). It is a well-known fact that Rahman’s magic works slowly and grabs your conscious and that too forever. I would like to mention ‘Ghajini’ here. When I listened to the music first, I thought it was not of his level but like others, I too assessed it in a hurry. After listening to it a few times now I love the music of ‘Ghajini’ specially the song ‘Kaise mujhe tum’…my personal suggestion is listen to this song in midnight, it’s truly magic. Aisa lagta hai jaise body me dheere-dheere ras ghulta ja raha hai. Just came from the concert of shivmani who is also a bhakt of Rahman like me J…he doesn’t forget to mention the name of Rahman in his concerts. Mutual admiration of two great artists. Jitna kaha jaye utna kam hai…so let me take a break now. Will talk about Rahman sir more sometime later…. JAI HO…JAI HO – Rahman Sir…

टिप्पणियाँ

  1. 'kaise mujhe tum mil..." janab ko song bahut pasad hai, undoubtely it is a very nice song, but anirudhha sahab ko yeh song raat me sunna pasand hain kyoki yeh song dheere-2 inke sharir me ras ghoalta hai, so chaliye janab ko inke song rasgule ke saat sone de.....
    I am also a fan, but not of rahman but of Aniruddha,bcoz he is also a very good writer and kavi.

    जवाब देंहटाएं

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

लोकप्रिय पोस्ट